Friday, June 13, 2014

Father's Day Gift: Painted Ceramic Mushroom

I have realized that my need for creativity needs many more outlets, or rather, it needs to be put into practice more. Michael's Crafts (or really any craft store, Michael's just happens to be my most frequented) is a goldmine for the kind of crafty projects I wish I were doing more of. Holidays of all kinds, however, bring out my inner crafty girl for many reasons, the main one being that handmade gifts are usually both more affordable and more fun than their store-bought counterparts.

And so I made this painted ceramic mushroom garden thingamajig for a Fathers' Day gift. Perfect for my gardening lover dad, perfect for my budget and my need to be creative/crafty.

These whimsical ceramic mushrooms, along with owls, gnomes, and the like, are popping up wherever garden gifts and supplies are sold, but they are often upwards of $20, whereas a plain ceramic mushroom at Michael's was only $3.99. I already had acrylic paints, so I used those to paint mine. It's easy to customize with any colors/patterns you like.

That's really all you need to make a gift that is fun, whimsical, creative and personal for any garden/decorating lover in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment