Sunday, November 16, 2014

I Officially Have a Love-Hate Relationship With This Time of Year...

Things I Love

First off, it's just beautiful out, with the leaves changing and such.




And the weather is often quite lovely, a nice temperate moderation between the sweltering of summer and the dead chill of winter...at least in the earlier months of fall.

I do love all the festivities too, even though Thanksgiving seems to get swallowed up by Christmas.

I love me some pumpkin-spice everything, and some apple cider donuts...

Things I Hate 

The worst thing about fall to me is the reminder that winter is almost here. Yeah, I don't like winter. I'm not a fan of the cold, and when it starts getting dark at dinner time I tend to get depressed. So November is always meh for me in that way.

I also don't like that I just plain don't know how to dress for this time of year. Layers work, I guess, but I find the huge gaps in temperature between day and night to be irritating.

And I can't stand how dry my skin is all the time. Usually my legs are the worst, but the past couple of days my lips have been chapped as hell too. Ugh.

So, yeah, I can't say I totally love fall. Love-hate is much more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment