Monday, October 19, 2015

Restaurant Ordering Habits

Quite awhile ago Elizabeth had been doing blog posts based on the "Nanoblamo" (National Blog Post  Month) prompts. One of them from the beginning of this year was "Do you tend to order the same thing at restaurants? Or do you like to jump around the menu?"

I was thinking about this recently, and so I decided to dig up the prompt and write on it...because I can always use more blog content.

Like Elizabeth, I vary on this. For me, it actually depends on the restaurant. I do love eating out, although I don't do it that often, and I enjoy trying new things when I do. I'm not super adventurous, but when I know I like a particular food I will try it in new combinations at new restaurants.

Recently I went on a work lunch outing to Clydes (a DC area chain that I had only previously been to the Columbia, MD outpost of). My "adventurous" menu choice there was a soft-shell crab sandwich, as I have had soft-shell crabs before and generally like them. I had been thinking of trying a burger with fried green tomatoes (which I have not had but have been meaning to try) but decided against it. But yes, generally at sit-down restaurants, whether chain or single-store, what I order is based on what I'm in the mood for at the moment, and so I jump around. Variety is the spice of life and all.

With fast food/fast casual chains it's totally different - there, I have my "usuals" that I stick with. When we had a Panera luncheon at work, I went with my usual chicken panini, which along with their tomato soup and a Thai salad is one of my Panera staples. At Chipotle I always get the same order of chicken burrito bowl, black beans, etc. etc.

However, one more fast-casual-type place where I do like to "mix it up" is Ghengis Grill, the Mongolian place a few friends and I are big fans of. My friend actually remarked on this, which is what got me thinking of this topic. She has her usual dish at Ghengis, but for me the fun of a place like that (you are creating your own bowl right from the protein to the produce to the sauce and spices) is to try something new each time.

How about you, dear reader? :P





No comments:

Post a Comment