Sunday, February 15, 2015

One of My Favorite Meals to Cook

I have to credit Elizabeth for this post as well.

Between watching The Food Network and Gordon Ramsey's shows and collecting recipes on Pinterest, I've kind of become a wannabe foodie. But while I enjoy experimenting with recipes, when it comes to cooking regular meals, I usually stick to a few basic, tried-and-true things. It just makes things easier and helps me not waste food. Overall, some of my favorite types of food are Italian and Mexican, so I cook a lot of pastas, quesadillas, etc.

One of my favorite things to cook is pasta with chicken and spinach in a tomato cream sauce. It's become a go-to-meal for me because it's so easy and adaptable, and it covers all the basic food groups.



The above is fettuccine with a Vodka sauce from a can. I find that fettuccine works best with this dish, but what's great about it is that you can use whatever pasta you want, make it whole-grain or gluten free, the list goes on.

I used a canned Vodka sauce that I had, but usually I just mix marinara and Alfredo sauces. Again, this is pretty customizable, and someone feeling really ambitious could make sauces from scratch.

Even the veggies and the protein are custumizable. This is my favorite combination, but I think that it could work equally well with shrimp in place of chicken.

So there you have it - what I cook for a quick, easy, cheap and versatile meal.

1 comment:

  1. I read this a few days ago on my phone, but I kept forgetting to get on your blog on my laptop to comment...

    That looks delicious! I've never really had a tomato cream sauce. I love cream sauces; my husband doesn't like them as much. (I'd probably end up making them from scratch because I have alfredo pretty much figured out and can probably figure out how to make it tomato-based). I'll have to add this to my meal planning calendar when I get back to doing that :)

    ReplyDelete